Lockdown? No problem. We continue to Teach and Learn Online!
ABC Studios Professional Music Courses
ABC Studios provides a customised personal training courses in Music with external examinations drawn from the UK qualifications framework and assessed by Rockschool and Trinity Guildhall. These industry-standard courses lead to internationally recognised qualifications in music.
Professional Music Courses
Note: Each course requires a minimum attendance of one-hour each week. Extra time is required for attendance at rehearsals and performances. Extra time is necessary for personal practice, study and research.
M1: Music Theory
- Musical literacy: Learning to read and write Music. Notation as a practical skill/ Alternative notations/ External examinations/ Music visualisation/ In conjunction with Trinity College London/ Strategies for improvisation Creative Music-making.
M2: Technique and Coordination
- Exercises and routines to develop control of the instrument. Provides technical skills necessary to perform music for the repertoire. Provides suitable techniques for a professional performer. In conjunction with Rockschool/Trinity College London. This course is currently offered in Singing, Guitar, Bass and Drums.
- Performing at the appropriate level. Preparation and memorisation Performance practice: stagecraft In conjunction with Rockschool/Trinity College London. Effective Teamwork Communicating Ideas in rehearsals and performances Presentation and Stagecraft. This course is currently offered in Singing, Guitar, Bass and Drums.
- Group Performance/Music Technology/Special Topic/Album Production/
M5: Music Studies
- Provides students with comprehensive knowledge of how music is put together. Strategies for learning new music. Introduction to style and structure.
M6: Improvisation and Listening
- How to listen Creating melody, identifying the structure and content of music by focused and intentioned listening. In conjunction with Rockschool and Trinity College London/ Strategies for improvisation Creative Music-making.
M7: Composition and Songwriting
- Crafting lyrics - Chord Progression - Melody writing- Structure and style.
M8: The Music Business
- Promotion, Social Media, Copyright Agencies and their role - Funding - Marketing
M9: Music Technology
- Recording, Mixing and Mastering: Cubase and its applications Production Project
M10: Special Topic
- A research or performance topic on a subject of professional interest.
Course Fees: NZ$1800 per year per course except M3 Repertoire: $3200. (Forty-five lessons). Terms and Conditions Apply.